|Croatia Holidays and Travel Guide | Sailing Charter in Croatia|
|Page: Croatia is a Growing Destination for Medical Tourism|
Highlights for Medical Tourism in Croatia
In the past, the people who get sick had to stay near their home to get treatment. But with the development of medicine and transportation, patients now have more choices to get medical treatment. They can travel to other cities or even other countries, such as Croatia, to obtain treatment, which is called medical tourism or health tourism.
What makes medical tourism more appealing is no waiting time, lower treatment costs, and affordable international travelling expenses. Add to it the opportunity to have a holiday abroad and the whole exercise of going to another country for a health or medical treatment starts to make sense.
natural beauty lends itself quite well for visiting medical tourists,
who often find time to rest and relax after their medical procedures.
Owing to these and other factors, Croatia is becoming one of the popular medical tourist destinations in Europe. At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, the Central Europe and the Southeast Europe, Croatia own beautiful coastline, pristine national parks, one of the cleanest seas in Europe, great islands and pleasant weather make Croatia a great destination for health tourism.
The medical facilities and healthcare services are quite sound and the locals naturally favour foreign paying medical clients.
Although still in its early stages, medical tourism has a great potential in Croatia:
The most popular treatments among non-Croatian patients comprise from the aesthetic procedures, Dental treatments, Eye Procedures, Dermatalogy and Medical wellness And Rehabilitation.
|One of the most common
and oftens selected medical procedures by medical
tourists in Croatia is that of dental work.
When a patient decides to take a medical trip to Croatia, the following typical processes shall be carried out:
1) Contact a medical tourist provider;
2) Provide the patient's medical report, medical history and other information to the medical tourist provider;
3) Confirm the medical expenditure, choice of hospital and duration of stay with a certified physician or consultant;
4) Sign consent agreement with the medical tourist provider;
5) Obtain the recommendation letter from the medical tourist provider;
6) Apply for a medical visa with the recommendation letter;
7) Travel to the destination country and take the medical treatment according to the agreement. In general, the medical tourist provider will arrange the accommodation and other care service in the destination country except the medical treatment.
The alluring combination of the Croatia’s natural environment, rich history, wide range of Wellness Centers and advanced medical conditions attracts a lot of patients in Europe and other countries to receive medical treatments in Croatia.About the author
An avid reader and blogger, Ruby Andrew lives in Bristol, UK. Since her early years she had a passion for writing, with many of her articles published in leading UK newspapers. Her interests are food, books and movies reviews, travel, fashion, lifestyle and fitness. She works as a guest blogger on her chosen areas of interest.
Croatia Holidays and Travel articles
Beautiful Croatia Paradise